Laurel Memory Care
The Laurel Memory Care Personal Care residence was designed
to create a therapeutic, home-like, residential environment
in which cognitively impaired residents can make choices,
celebrate accomplishments and reinforce familiar patterns of
family lifestyles. This family type interaction takes place
with all safety and security of the resident being of utmost
importance and allows for resident participation in daily life
routines such as dressing, bed making, setting the table, pet
care and therapy, folding laundry and baking. Our dedicated
staff understands the everyday needs of our residents, which
allow relationships and trust to grow to a comfortable and caring
An individual care and support plan is developed for
each resident by a team of trained caregivers with
the help of the resident’s
family. Families are encouraged to provide furnishings
and accessories for the room to enhance connectivity
to familiar surroundings.
Our in-house dietary staff, under the direction of a Registered
Dietician, prepares physician-prescribed diets for our residents.
Special attention is given to create family-style dining and
an enjoyable eating experience for our memory care residents.
Bread, rolls and pastries are baked and offered daily. Special
meals, as suggested by the Resident Council are presented to
add variety and enjoyment to the dining experience.
- Specially oriented staff
- Three well-balance nutritious meals served daily
- Between-meal snacks
- Monitoring of medications and health conditions
- Resident emergency call system
- Daily housekeeping and personal laundry service
- Licensed nurses are available
- Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
- Pharmacy services
- All utilities including cable (except telephone)
- Non-denominational spiritual activities and counseling
- Assistance with Veteran Benefits (VA) Applications
Click here to download the 2017 Fall-Winter Menu.
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions